Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, need some help from guys who build. i live in western mass and thinking about building a duplex to live and rent the other half , but have absolutely no experience in process and problems i might run into. The whole house is gonna be around 2800 sq 3 br/ 1 1/2 bath in each unit.
First of all id like to know a rough estimate on some stuff. i know more or less how much it will run me to dig a hole/ pour concrete/ lumber cost/ electric and hvac/ .. siding .roofing.windows i can install myself . what am i missing ? what other expenses will i ran into . Any advice would be helpful this would be my first project like that. Thanks :clap:

·
Super Moderator
10,670 Posts
gutters,drywall,insulation,painting,cabinets,mouldings,floor coverings,painting,permits,landscaping,dumpsters,cleaning,lightbulbs,countertops.

total: tree fiddy

·
strat hd
1,695 Posts
Doorknobs, garage doors with openers, sidewalks, doorbell, insulation, landscaping, and last but not least, two mailboxes.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,435 Posts
25 lbs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe a few more, just maybe.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Don't forget an additional throw switch for your tenants unit for when it gets a little loud. I recommend somewhere near your bed.:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,670 Posts
garage door openers, shower doors, screens, locksets and deadbolts, doorknobs, hinge bumpers, closet rods/shelves, deck package and/or patio

·
strat hd
1,695 Posts
Door stops, appliances, return air vent covers, humidifier hooked up to furnace (optional), garbage disposal allen wrench, ...............:laughing:

·
Registered
109 Posts
That allen wrench is the kicker. That's the one that's really gonna set you back :laughing:

What's this about glue instead of nails? Screw using glue! Use Duct Tape! Look, it's a fastener AND a strap! Who needs simpson straps?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts