Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fella kicked another thread, on which I viered off subject, and sparked a conversation between Judy and I about the old dump fees.

Judy asked an intresting question.

Does anyone know why in 91, Sept I believe, all the landfills in the states had to kick thier rates up about 50 notches?

Seems like I remember something about the EPA getting in them?

Bob

·
Registered
438 Posts
I not sure, but I keep checking with the hauling co around here, seem like the first dumpster always ends up right on the money as far as tonnage goes.

However after that they seem to take on a average of 500 lbs or more over on each dumpsetr after that.

Now how in the hell can you tell how much is in there before they pick it up.

To me its like the well drilling guy, hes always saying " gotta go deeper, no water down there" again how in the hell can you tell from what your seeing.

BJD

·
Registered
313 Posts
Human nature is a factor. You get a good haul then get all cocky. You were uptight about the first load, then you relaxed. Also, a rain soaked load weighes a lot more. But the main thing is that it gets to where on the job you quit caring about the dumpsters and just want the crap off your site.

It is my understanding that the scales at dumpsites are regulated, and that nobody there has time to play around with you.

That's the way it seems in the SouthEast.

·
Registered
313 Posts
In the Carolinas and Georgia they scale at the dump site and fine...could be wrong, but I've gotten the bill. Prolly depends on things I should learn more about my area. Good post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts