Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to put the HVAC system in my new home. Should I use the traditional metal ducts or the flexible stuff?

·
Registered
227 Posts
bountyhunter said:
I am getting ready to put the HVAC system in my new home. Should I use the traditional metal ducts or the flexible stuff?

Metal is preferred for durability and ease of cleaning (if needed in the future). Less air restriction and less chance of duct being pinched or smashed.

·
NICKTECH
273 Posts
usually the main trunk is made of rectangular sheetmetal ducting, and the individual runs will depend on where they will be located. if in an unconditioned attic where they most likely wont be veiwed an insulated flex duct is the standard. if in an conditioned basement where the work will be viewed then the standard is un insulated hard pipe, or what is known as rigid round sheetmetal pipe

·
Registered
21 Posts
bountyhunter said:

use all metal all the way. it's your house and you will have to live with the consequences. don't cut any corners and size it right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts