Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I have a bundle of those, and for thicker I use the trim tex roll stuff..

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i m sorry but i am not getting this. how do you use this ? 2x4 are fuc ed up .how ?
I'm not sure I follow you, but I use these to shim wall studs that are out of plumb, and occasionally out of line. I staple them to the stud in question, usually stacking them in decreasing lengths. Spending 15 minutes doing this saves you much more time when tiling walls.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm not sure I follow you, but I use these to shim wall studs that are out of level, and occasionally out of line. I staple them to the stud in question, usually stacking them in decreasing lengths. Spending 15 minutes doing this saves you much more time when tiling walls.
now i get it. how thin are this things ?

·
Registered
13,386 Posts
They're about 1/16" thick, 1.5" wide, 36" long. I buy them by the case at Menards. I use them to rake mortar out joints in mosaic tile. Ames here stocks the TrimTex.

Tom

·
Registered
818 Posts
Menards is the only place that carries them around here. They are handy for various things.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
ArtisanRemod said:
I'm not sure I follow you, but I use these to shim wall studs that are out of PLUMB, and occasionally out of line. I staple them to the stud in question, usually stacking them in decreasing lengths. Spending 15 minutes doing this saves you much more time when tiling walls.
Fixed it for ya

·
Registered
345 Posts
I like to use rapid set modified thinset. You need a couple good studs to pull from.

Those are pretty nifty shims.......need a pack of those on the truck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts