Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
how do i blend a drywall patch with an existing painted wall?
I'll do it myself..Go wait in the truck....:furious:

:laughing:

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Don't seem to know much about
civility either.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
didn,t ask about patching,asked about painting dumbass.:whistling
So you can blend the drywall and texture but not the paint?:blink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would just like to know is there techniques to blend paint over sizeable drywall patches to make it look like it was always there.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
I would just like to know is there techniques to blend paint over sizeable drywall patches to make it look like it was always there.

I aint no expert and this was advice from a guy on here but i was told to use a 3/4 nap roller and roll the whole wall and then use a 1/2 nap roller to do a finish coat. I have no idea if this works but i have seen numerous posts saying the same thing. Hope this helps.

Also what the hell is a nap? :blink:

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
I aint no expert and this was advice from a guy on here but i was told to use a 3/4 nap roller and roll the whole wall and then use a 1/2 nap roller to do a finish coat. I have no idea if this works but i have seen numerous posts saying the same thing. Hope this helps.

Also what the hell is a nap? :blink:
:thumbsup:

A nap is a brief period of sleep.
What I need on a hot afternoon.

·
Super Moderator
11,328 Posts
The key is to catch the paint on the patch up with the existing paint on the wall.
Primer coat: feathering around the perimeter of patch,
and 2-3 coats of top coat feathering around perimeter of patch.
Then, paint corner to corner. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
understood,non painters cant discuss painting.:eek:
Well i did not notice your trade. I have a soft spot for a sparky that wants to fix something he messed up.
After multiple coats of drywall repair are finished and you have sanded the wall properly by feathering the edges so it will not reveal a ridge.
throughly mix your paint if you are using old paint. Spot prime the wall with the wall paint if it is flat.
If eggshell or satin or semi or anything else is the finish do not spot prime with the topcoat.
Let dry spot prime one more time. Then repaint the entire wall.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts