Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Drywall Labor Rates for Hang, Tape&Bed, Texture in Dallas, TX?

34K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  BattleRidge 
#1 ·
I have seen the rates across the board on here depending on the location and type of labor (illegals vs legal).

My question is what are the going rates in Dallas, TX? If possible I'd like to know what people are paying for labor only for:
hang?
tape & bed?
texture?

I have an apartment complex project that is going to need approximately 140,000 sq ft of drywall work that will be subbed out, and I would like to make sure the bids I receive are in the right territory.

Also any good drywall suppliers and prices would be welcome. I'm using Gypsum Supply right now.

#3 ·
140,000 square feet how many units does that cover ?thats 4375 4x8s @8.00 to hang a board screws supplied,10.00 a board to tape and finish ,id call drywall contractors and get a sq ft price to hang tape and fiish ,here in maine i get 35.00 a boarrd no matter what size to hang tape and finish i think it works out to $1.30 a square ft including materials?

#10 ·
By in market I mean in my local KC area. By out of market, I mean 100+ miles south of here I, for some reason am able to buy up to .025 cents cheaper. Has nothing to do with proximity to the mills, but more to do with what the "market" will bear I guess. The very same board around the Lake goes for .05 more, assume that it was to do with the delivery distance, etc., as jobs are spread out much further. I really think the suppliers just gig as hard as possible until a DC says enough.

#15 ·
Friday I was getting a bid for my drywall, the salesmen told me there are some guys out there hanging for $2.50 a board and finishing for $2.50 a board, he said they know it is slow and figure it is best to keep busy and make something rather than stay at home making nothing.

I am not sure how much they can make at $2.50 a board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.