Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my name is Scott. I own a small company here in central ms. I recently come across a problem that has stumped me. I refinished drywall in a unheated garage. The mud looked great until I started rolling the walls with paint. Almost immediately it started bubbling and then pilling off. Even the paper is coming of the drywall. Two sides are exterior walls with massonite , no vapor barrior and no insulation. what do I need to do

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
What do you mean by ''Refinished Drywall'' ? And what type of drywall mud and primer was it ? Something does not sound right. :blink:

Glad I'm not in your shoes.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
What did you do for Prep?

Did you sand? Each coat? what did the walls look like before?

Need more info!

·
Registered
2 Posts
could be the manufacturer. Or, it may be moisture related, i.e. too much water in your mud. If you bought the material from a supply house, take pics and send them to your salesman.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Made that mistake before. The walls are too cold ! Even if you used premixed mud, when you work it the temp goes up. Certainly will go up for dry mix because of the water temp. Give it a little time, it may dry in ok. If not , you may have some work to do. Good luck !

·
Head sawdust creator
1,125 Posts
Did you let the mud dry before painting???

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
Almost immediately it started bubbling and then pilling off. Even the paper is coming of the drywall.
The wallboard Itself Is soaked with moisture ! That's whats causing the paint to bubble and the paper to come loose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts