Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

drywall hanging charges dont seem right

4K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  SheetrockDoc 
#1 ·
Ive been following this fourm for a long time now, im a painter and carpenter thats what i do reg basis, but never hung sheet rock, my neighbor got this bid to redo his ceiling and wall and i dont know if it seems right
326sqft ceiling @ 8ft high - 3/8 over and float tape smooth $3183.00
they are going on a rate of 33.76sy for L&M

#3 ·
Well you being a painter and carpenter should know what it costs to run a business.And you also know that a smooth finish is more expensive than normal.

Tell your neighbor if he does not like the price to either
A: get another quote or
B:do it himself.

Reactions: Elite_Drywall
#7 · (Edited)
Where do you live California or New York? I just posted picture of a ceiling were I took down plaster, rock lath, wood lath and furing strips and hung 5/8's and base coated and skim coated and fixed the top twp steps of Crown moulding and I charged $3,100 and that was 320 sqft:eek:
Oh and these CLOWNS who slap up 3/8 over a ceiling that more then likely could have been repaired just shows what real conartist do, cause they can't plaster something they have to laminate it, No talent there!

#12 ·
For where i live, and work, i would charge approx that much. even though its a small job, you have to go there several times, travel from one job to another. Someone has to pay that cost, and not only that, employee's wages, etc...people who have no clue make stupid comments, on things that they shouldn't. I dont care what people say, small jobs take just as much time per foot if not more in some cases as bigger jobs. You cant quote out based on sq for small jobs. If you do you will loose your shirt, and will do a crappy job, because you are not making what you should be.

sorry for the rant, but people need to think a bit.:censored:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.