Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
I used to get .25 to hang and .25 to finnish. That was a labor only sub rate.

Thats also a surface sqft rate. 32 sqft an 8' board. If it's 100 board it's 800 to hang, 800 to finnish. Thats paint ready for about 10 years ago.:confused:

Bob

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well those rates would still be in the ballpark today in my area anyway. Alot depends on where in the country you're located, what size & type of job it is. For new const, average size homes, 8'-9' lids you'd be looking at about .60¢ s/f. you'll pay more for high ceilings and cut up layouts which require alot of corner bead. Smaller remodel and repair jobs are generally bid more towards hrly rates. You can figure .30¢-.35¢ for materials.

Where you at and how much ftg you got to do? Things are slow here right now & I'm gettin bored. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Duuude, you got lids running 8-9 ft.? The best I ever got was 5 fingers of Jamaican tops for $11.00. 8-9 ft. is megaland.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I was looking on a trade board on craigslist.org for my area. And one drywaller was advertising his services To pay, deliver, install, tape and mud
for $50/sheet. Or $1.57 per square. foot. I saw someone else quote something out of trade book that estimated $40/sheet. So these figures I see of $0.50/sq.ft. that you guys are pricing is ridiculous - is this how much your boss pays to do the labor - or this a quote you would give a residential customer? You want only $16 bucks soup to nuts per sheet? Isn't a sheet like 8 bucks to start with???

-PlainPainter

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Wow, a sheet of 4' x 8' x 1/2" is $15 in my neck of the woods.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Plain, that .50 was labor only and a sub rate from 10 years past, but ya know what, I'l bet I could still make that work. With two Maggots and a Jack I can hang a cut all to hell sheet every 4 minutes anywhere in your house, unless you live in a gym.

I can tape even faster.

Zip gun and lip stick baby.

Bob

PS....if I had to.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've been under bid on two jobs this month, one was a new single story home and the other was a remodel, ready to hang. I bid both of these at 60¢ s/f, hang, smooth finish, & primer. Materials aren't included in that figure. Currently I can get standard 1/2" board delivered for 26.5¢, 5/8" is 27¢, stretch goes for 28¢. Mud is $11 a bucket, primer $40. Paperfaced bead runs like $1 a stick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts