Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do you estimate drywall ceiling framing? Material and labor costs?:rolleyes:
I also need someone reliable from the Austin area for VCT and ceramic tile install. Any suggestions? I don't trust craigslist. ( bad experience)

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
How do you estimate drywall ceiling framing? Material and labor costs?:rolleyes:
I also need someone reliable from the Austin area for VCT and ceramic tile install. Any suggestions? I don't trust craigslist. ( bad experience)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry we can't all be as educated as you brother.........
That was sarcasm. Just in case I am not smart enough to make that clear.

·
Registered
157 Posts
for starters I am not too sure what you mean by drywall framing... do you mean drywall or framing?? Or framing for drywall (dropped ceiling??) Bidding to me is a function of figuring how long it will take +how much materials will cost+how much profit I want to make. I am new here myself but from what I gather requests about pricing and bidding are generally frowned upon due to so many variables such as location and 1000's of other things. I myself dont like to quote anything without looking at the site. I think once guys have been around here for a bit they might be able to get a little advice here and there on numbers but only so much can be done on an internet forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I meant grid for hanging sheetrock. I'm not asking for estimates. It's just that I know very little about drywall. I was hoping someone would explain how you bid these. For example.... LF, Sq. Ft., I appreciate the help though.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Ok I'm sorry......Sq.Ft........You're welcome.

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
It's just that I know very little about drywall. I was hoping someone would explain how you bid these.
hmmm...
there's a novel approach...
a GC who knows dick about drywall.

What sort of a GC is that clueless?

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Almost all of them. Just get it done. Just get it done. Just get it done. That's all they know.
Your're probably right...You should stop doing work for GC's.That'll teach em'.
I can only speak for myself all I know how to do is say "Get it done"...Course I am a one man shop and do a lot of the work myself...:blink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts