Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bob
512 Posts
Is this a new bare hull that you are profiling for paint or are you removing old paint?

BTW, whats wrong with the Farrow? I've worked through issues with mine over the years, maybe I can help?

·
Bob
512 Posts
It is an older 16 foot mono hull with a cuddy cabin I have been asked to take it down to the fiberglass for them to re apply jell coat or maybe re paint not sure ?

my farrows water pump took a :censored: and I am waiting to go all out and buy the 6:1 wiwa water pump which is $1,800 since I have an older model (2006) it came with the 4:1 wiwa. also when I am replacing that we are going to replace the regulator and plumbing to 1 1/4" to accpept higher cfm/psi so can run it off my 375
and that will cost about $1,000 for the reg & plumbing
I am excited to do this when i get some extra cash flow
Reason I asked, dry blast in a tent, its tough to see what is going on, particularly if you are profiling unpainted gel-coat, easy to miss spots or overdo areas, be careful. With paint already on the boat its far easier to hit everything without overshooting areas. Expect very poor visibility either way, however.

On your pump, they are easy and cheap to rebuild with a wiwa kit, didn't know they used two different pumps though . . .

·
Bob
512 Posts
I got WIWA parts from West Coast Coatings & Equip, Tacoma, WA. There's 2 kits avail,

#0641231 Seal Kit for 70/75 $23.00
#0622958 Repair Kit MP 70/42D $92.00

btw, most WIWA pumps are used for high production airless paint systems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.