Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to learn more ways to get my bids out there for jobs that need to be done. I am willing to travel up to a 150 mile radius to place bids.

Here is where I am getting my limited amount of business from:

1.) Placed numerous ads in the yellow pages.
2.) Have great local reputation/word of mouth business.
3.) Internet ad on google/yahoo.

I have spent about $1,000 on internet ads and not recieved one single phone call.

Does anyone know how to send out mailers to the addresses within a certain radius? I have heard there is some sort of program that will let you know of all the addresses within the vicinity.

So can anyone please share with me the ways that you are able to get some good leads?

·
Registered
992 Posts
I'd like to learn more ways to get my bids out there for jobs that need to be done. I am willing to travel up to a 150 mile radius to place bids.

Here is where I am getting my limited amount of business from:

1.) Placed numerous ads in the yellow pages.
2.) Have great local reputation/word of mouth business.
3.) Internet ad on google/yahoo.

I have spent about $1,000 on internet ads and not recieved one single phone call.

Does anyone know how to send out mailers to the addresses within a certain radius? I have heard there is some sort of program that will let you know of all the addresses within the vicinity.

So can anyone please share with me the ways that you are able to get some good leads?

smart leads

·
Safety Saves You
128 Posts
Hi Pro Builder,
That's one of the things I do for this safety company. I don't have a budget or anything, yet I'm expected to expose the company's website/name everywhere.
A couple of things I have done that has proven successful: Register with the CCR, GSA, and others. As well, optimize the web by using social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other Spiders. Find me and others on those sites and link to them. Dont forget the optimization tools in Google too.
This is just a tiny scratch on the surface of what I help this safety company do, but it should get you rollin'. If you have questions, PM me and I'll try and set you on the right track.
Just so you know... it is time consuming, so dont get overwhelmed or impatient. It takes a while for you efforts to start their momentum

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do some searches, there are plenty of discussions regarding this. Nice introductory post, good to meet you. :blink:
Thank you! I hope this forum proves useful. :thumbup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can you pm with 1 post?
I haven't tried yet. I'm assuming I need about 50 posts before I can PM someone. I should be able to ACCEPT a PM though. Please, hit me up! :party:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Pro Builder,
That's one of the things I do for this safety company. I don't have a budget or anything, yet I'm expected to expose the company's website/name everywhere.
A couple of things I have done that has proven successful: Register with the CCR, GSA, and others. As well, optimize the web by using social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other Spiders. Find me and others on those sites and link to them. Dont forget the optimization tools in Google too.
This is just a tiny scratch on the surface of what I help this safety company do, but it should get you rollin'. If you have questions, PM me and I'll try and set you on the right track.
Just so you know... it is time consuming, so dont get overwhelmed or impatient. It takes a while for you efforts to start their momentum
I am not sure what the CCR or GSA are. That is good advice about social networking sites. I am not familiar with optimizing my site on google. Can you clue me in a little bit on some basic ways to do that?

What is it that these companies offer you? You said there is no budget to advertisement...I don't understand. Sorry for being so green with the internet. I am willing to pay someone to teach me how to generate leads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts