Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fella's, anyone know the going sub labor rate for drop ceilings?

Got something on the burner for wed and it's been about ten years past I did one.

Any info would help.

Bob

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glasshousebltr said:
Hey fella's, anyone know the going sub labor rate for drop ceilings?

Got something on the burner for wed and it's been about ten years past I did one.

Any info would help.

Bob

If it were me I'd take the cost of materials multiply it by two(2) to get
cost of job with wages included!

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kurf, but I was going to use that as a last ditch, I was really wondering if any of the fella's here had it worked out to a good math, well as good as could be expected.

I'm disscusing an offer with Owens Corning to install thier basement wall panel system, it couples with the standard drop ceiling. Oddly enough I don't think I'll have a problem with the figures on the panels. It's just been awhile on the ceiling systems.

Bob

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Bob, I figure that using that formula that you will be working for $100 a day.
My only contact with them has been after the storms and that has only been replacing thousands of wetted panels, not a whole bunch of money in that either.

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
If you use that method x by 3 or 4. Or see if you can do it T&M. But it seems if your not a electrician or a equipment operator people shy away from that type of bid. Or figure out the sq ft. and start multiplying but random figures till you come up with a reasonably figure. One that covers overhead and daily wage. Estimation of time it would help too.

:edit I guess I don't take time to spell check. :eek:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
It just dawned on me, Bob's not drinkin'! He can live on $100 a day now.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Are you buying into the franchise end of the basement finishing system? Have you gotten their packet and looked over everything involved. The system relly intrigued me until I saw what I HAD to buy up front, what I was REQUIRED to purchase within predetermined dates and royalties I WAS required to pay Ownes Corning per jobs sold. Ended up they are looking for companies with a strong sales crew, huge warhousing capabilities! I like it at first until i found out all the details and read multiple customerratings with digging on the internet. Sounds like a good system, but many previous customers said for the price they coul've saved money doing it tradidtion methods with a better looking finihsed product. OC wants you to try and sell this system at $50/sq ft.

Lemme know if you have found a loop hole in their marketing scheme.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My partner & I looked into that system last spring and came to the same conclusion as IHI, too expensive to start with, at least for this area anyway, and way too much upfront costs before you ever see a dime of profit.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well you guy's were right, They provide the leads, you close, collect and install, just another way to move their product.

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts