Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new concrete driveway installed this past April. Contractor sealed it with Diamond clear cure and seal - an acrylic. He didn't seal it properly - I already have about 20 pencil eraser sized holes near back of driveway - where it's mostly shade - and some in front - mostly sun.
Also, when it rains, more than half the driveway turns dark gray, the rest stays white - was told this means there is no sealer where it's gray - rain is soaking in.

I'd like to reseal driveway with a deep penetrating siliconate or similar sealer - was told they last longer. But I don't won't to go through the hassle of stripping the acrylic - big driveway (also - apparently the acrylic is only on about half of driveway). I was recommended Vseal 102 winterguard. The Vseal tech guy said I can apply the seal - it will only penetrate where there is no acrylic - where there is acrylic left - it will turn white and I should use a broom to disperse. Then by next year, as mother nature degrades the acrylic - reseal again. So I would be using a phased approach. I don't mind the resealing for a few years until acrylic is gone. I live in Pittsburgh - bad winters.

Question - does this make sense? Also, what is the best quality, longest lasting penetrating sealer - I heard Vseal good, also Aquanil 40 from Chemmasters.

Thanks

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,804 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.