Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
WTF??
Explain.
Andy.
Jeez Andy, i thought someone of your experience, age, and vast superior knowledge would know this. Ok, here goes.
In the original discussion there were several comments about not being able to core drill through rebar or even the metal decking. And then the recent poster made similar comments. That’s BS ... drilling through rebar happens all the time in commercial construction.

Here are a couple of pictures to illustrate. One is a closeup of the cutting end of a core drill, one shows a typical setup for coring a concrete wall, and the third shows the slug that was removed: the aggregate is clearly visible, as are two pieces of rebar. The rebar slows down the cutting a little, but it certainly is not a problem.

C3799073-08E8-45FF-9263-25C6E0C2AFCE.jpeg

B1C3E3FE-B362-4C04-8AD2-CF531994894E.jpeg

780DEC89-8149-4331-8824-48D5666846CD.jpeg

·
Eater of sins.
4,567 Posts
You can't know this but I have done a lot of coring myself years ago for the electrical trade and for sheet metal/air conditioning.

My only comment was that the thread is about 10 years old, so why you would consider my post as an ignorant comment is what has me wondering.

By the way, I am not mad as I do say a lot of dumb **** but I didn't understand that.

Andy.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Andy ... i publicly apologize for a misunderstanding. Your comment in #20 seemed to imply that a current reply to a 6 YO discussion was out of touch, not germane, something ... can’t think of the right word. My comment was supposed to mean that i was agreeing with you, post #19 was another in a string of incorrect statements. I worded it poorly. I was not disparaging the content of your post, I was agreeing with you. Please accept my apologies.

·
Super Moderator
24,650 Posts
And 30 lashes with a worn out chalk line...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts