Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a customer request the use of dri-Core panels in their basement developement.
I have already decided what I am going to do, but I thought I would ask anyway.
Do you, or would you, build the walls on top of the dri-core,or frame first and dri-core after.
The internet and TV shows have examples of both methods.

·
Registered
15,890 Posts
My gut tells me that building a wall on mini pallets is subject to movement and not good but my head says allowing an open stud cavity at the bottom will prevent water drainage and trap moisture. So.....I would............frame on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Buy rolls of platon foundation wrap, and T&G OSB. Exact same final product, 1/3 the cost. We use this system for all of our finished basements, and frame the walls on top. Especially when you have a more complicated wall layout, sheathing first will save hours.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Buy rolls of platon foundation wrap, and T&G OSB. Exact same final product, 1/3 the cost. We use this system for all of our finished basements, and frame the walls on top. Especially when you have a more complicated wall layout, sheathing first will save hours.
Ya I've heard the same thing, one of my co-workers used it on a side job. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input guy's.
I was going to frame first, and double plate the bottom,
But I am liking the foundation wrap and T&G idea.
Seems like it would be way faster too.
There will be a heated tile floor in the bathroom.
Haven't actually seen the layout yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts