Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dude i cant seem to find where the heck the stupid setting is that will let me resize a cell in a table with out it affecting the other cells in the table.. in otherwords i have this tabel that has 3 colums... in colum one it has 3 rows colum 2 has 1 or no rows and colum 3has 10 rows.. the rows in colum 1 are matching up to the rows in colum 3 automaticly and when i move one it moves the other.... how do i stop that? please help!

[email protected]

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
I really have no idea... sorry.
Try right clicking the tag in codeview and looking at the properties.

I usually 'draw' my designs in Fireworks first and then slice them for dreamweaver.

What type of website are you creating?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Ive been using dreamweaver since 2.0 and know how to do exactly what you are asking, as I use this method myself.

Usually I creat the table, set it to 100%. I then go to the left column and set it's width in px. The next part is tricky IF you don't know the basics of html. You need to go to the code and make sure there is NO setting for width of the second column. You can remove the setting in the properties window too but I prefer to hard code minor tweaks like this because I am sure it gets done the way I want.

If You want I can send you the code for a formatted table.

P.S. this info comes from someone who has been designing sites since 1996.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I forgot to mention I use this method so the navigation part of my menu is fixed but the main page body is adjustable to your screen's resolution. I hate when I go to a page and have to horz scroll, or go to a page that was built static for a lesser resolution and everything is squeezed together.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Resizing tables

You will most likely need to use 3 separate tables to fix this if it is what I am thinking it is. I am assuming you are using 3 tables that are all joined together. Try separating them into three independent tables.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Thank God, I've been waiting five years for the answer, checking back once or twice a month, now I can finish my website.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts