Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to bid on a project but the contractor has decided that they are not giving out free drawings of the project but rather selling them. the question I have is which drawings shoudl I buy to bid on paint and maybe drywall.
should I get the Architectural drawings? or are there other options. They aren't cheap BTW.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Why buy them if you can use them in their office? Just say that you don't need them and you can use his office space to draw up your bid. I am sure they will love that. On your estimate write the date that you saw the plans in case they change something. That way your covered and a change order can be drawn up. Tell them you it will cost them $$ to look at your bid :Thumbs:

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
And you'll need a retirment package and insurance for the time you spend in thier office.Then ask is there is any thing to eat in the breakroom frig.:cheesygri

Bob

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
premierpainting said:
Tell them you it will cost them $$ to look at your bid :Thumbs:
BRAVO! Now that's a good idea. "I'm happy to provide a bid but I charge three times the cost of the prints to do an estimate". Every estimator's dream :D

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Grumpy said:
Dream nothing. I am gonna say that next time I am asked to pay for a print.
yooda man Grumpy :Thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts