Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question has been asked a number to time but I'm going to ask again. Has anyone used Digitalcanal soft plan software? I got a sample of autocad LT and found it very difficult to use. Not being of the computer generation didnt help me any. I'm looking for an easier program that auto but more advanced then 3D home arc. www.digitalcanal.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
Find a 1 or 2 day training class on autocad, it is well worth the effort. Easy for me to say I know because that is what I learned on in college but the LT program is very capable and not really that difficult if you spend the time to learn it correctly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'd second that agreement. I learned on AutoCAD 98LT, and now bought a computer with a copy of AutoCAD 2005 already installed. I had a friend walk me through the basics of AutoCAD and then taught myself how to use it in a couple of months. The cheesy Punch! software and it's brethren will leave you wishing you'd gone for the real deal.

It takes time to learn it, but it's well worth it.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I'll ditto those guys. I taught myself on Autosketch, then moved onto Autocadlt Then got Cad 2000. Unless I need the 3D or rendering or something, I generally use the Autocadlt cos it's faster, fewer choices at every step. I've eyed the programs that give you materials costs and lists after doing the drawing, seems like a good idea, but I've heard that they are a lot of work to input the data and keep it up to date and the drawing programs themselves aren't as good. Rich.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts