Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been building some rustic style furniture pieces, out of recycled wood (pallets) recently and need to build a drawer for a side board table. Does anybody have a recommendation for some affordable soft close hardware? Here is a pic of the table they will go into. Going to install one large drawer.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
I have been building some rustic style furniture pieces, out of recycled wood (pallets) recently and need to build a drawer for a side board table. Does anybody have a recommendation for some affordable soft close hardware? Here is a pic of the table they will go into. Going to install one large drawer.
Nice stuff! I would suggest including a couple top drawers in those as standard practice. You're onto something very desirable. :thumbsup:

Bring those to Washington DC and they'll sell like hotcakes to the "sustainability/reclaimed/repurposed" folk.

·
Registered
352 Posts
tjbnwi said:
I'm trying the KV soft close. Normally I'd use Blum, but what the hell, might as well try something else.

http://www.wwhardware.com/kv-8450-soft-close-full-extension-slides-kv8450fm

Tom
Tom,
Those are nice but they are more finicky than the undermounts.

A tip for you.
When shimming them, I use iron on edge banding for shims. Slide it in as needed, then when everything lines up just right heat the shim and it stays in place when you disassemble for finish.

Furniture Drawer Shelf Wood Plywood

Furniture Drawer Chiffonier Shelf Chest of drawers

Bob

·
Box Builder
6,320 Posts
I'm not sure an undermount or side mount slide will look good on that table. They are meant to be hidden and not seen. I would figure out a way to enclose the drawer in a box when closed, or do some type of homemade wooden slide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.