Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently added on air conditioning to a modular home. The furnace is a Miller 90% gas downflow with the open space below the furnace for the coil. I used an ADP HE31230A155A000067 uncased 2.5 ton upflow/downflow “A” coil and a 2.5 ton, 13 SEER Luxaire condenser in 410A. As soon moisture begins to condense on the coil, the condensate is being blown off the coil into the ductwork below the coil. I swapped out the ½ hp blower motor that the furnace came with and put in a 1/3 hp motor and set the cooling on the lowest speed and still the condensate is being striped off of the coil. I have done dozens of these types of add ons and I have never had a problem with this until this one. Any of you guys run into this??

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I remember a similiar complaint a few years back. My boss at the time said wash the coil...Whatever, if thats what he reccomends sure... Sure enough the dripping ceased. The reasoning as I was explained is that dust or dirt made the droplets slide off. If you are out of ideas, and pulling the cover off isn't too much work, it might be worth a try. I am under the impression that this is a new install, but a little h20 wouldn't kill anything. good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts