Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New member here.....

I'm bidding on a window restoration job in Brooklyn, NY. One of the client requests is swapping the single pane glass for double pane argon or krypton units. Some of the windows are 2 over 2 and others are 4 over 4.

Can anyone recommend a reliable, cost-effective company I can send my drawings to and have the units shipped to NY.

Many thanks in advance.

-ba

·
Registered
801 Posts
i would do the same with a local company...most either charge a ton for shipping or simply will not due to breakage issues..

my manufactor that i use will not ship

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm a glass contractor and could have units made and delivered to your job site no problem. I'm in the poconos, moved from Brooklyn

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Just curious

I remember my dad refering to glass as singlepane, doublepane & triple pane as reference to the thickness of the glass which coresponded to the notches on a glass cutter. Was this correct back before we had insulated glass windows but now now or should he have been refering to it as singlethickness double thickness or something like that?

Cheers Jim

·
Registered
711 Posts
Just curious

I remember my dad refering to glass as singlepane, doublepane & triple pane as reference to the thickness of the glass which coresponded to the notches on a glass cutter. Was this correct back before we had insulated glass windows but now now or should he have been refering to it as singlethickness double thickness or something like that?

Cheers Jim
I generally hear the thicknesses called single-strength or double-strength. I assume the widest notch is for 1/4" plate??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts