Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
It'll depend on your local DoT. But I know alot of my jobs DoT or not since they're state funded end up utilitzing DoT regs/methods. And I still have plenty of contractors come bidding. So I doubt it can be anything bad, but it will also depend on what state you're working in.

·
House Painters Reading PA
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'll depend on your local DoT. But I know alot of my jobs DoT or not since they're state funded end up utilitzing DoT regs/methods. And I still have plenty of contractors come bidding. So I doubt it can be anything bad, but it will also depend on what state you're working in.
Thats what I was thinking. I want to introduce this asphalt repair product to the DoT in PA as it is being used in 13 other states now. Would it be preferred if it were you doing this to goto the DoT in PA directly or go to the contractors who handle all the paving?

I actually have all kind of MSDS sheets and testing performed on this material and can forward it to them if I find the right people. It would save the states a ton of money while keeping up with the green theme as it is friendly to the environment.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd see if you couldn't meet with some of the regional engineers/foremen and put the product across. If there are green benefits, make sure you stress that. Green & Cost Efficient are serious selling points right now.

·
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'd see if you couldn't meet with some of the regional engineers/foremen and put the product across. If there are green benefits, make sure you stress that. Green & Cost Efficient are serious selling points right now.

Its green, salt and petroleum resistant as well as can be applied down to -10 degrees. It also has virtually no down time as well as is stronger than other asphalt and concrete patching.

If I were trying to get you to try the product or use it, what would be the best way to get you interested? This would be helpful for some insight from a person of your knowledge. I am adding it to my services at all my commercial cleanings for their concrete repair currently and it is getting me some new work for the good it does.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just had a company here locally start mixing pervious concrete. I saw a front page layout of a local community college student with a block of said product pouring water through it. I'm in the process of utilizing the product for a few jobs we have to do.

I'd also pay attention with something as simple as a flyer. But I don't know how kosher that is with the no solicitation policies.

·
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have the concrete patch than can be driven over after 20 minutes with no problems, so it shows that it can be performed with very minimal down time.

Looks like I have my work cut out. I am thinking of having a get together of interested people. Like 10 at least and the head guys are coming down for giveaways, demonstration and presentation. Its a green product, so thats a big benefit also with todays world. A green product that actually holds up many times over than a normal concrete patch or asphalt is major.

How would you feel about people dropping by your office and showing you the product through a demo or just dropping literature. (Not you personally, but in my area?)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well,

A. Got a website? I always search and read up on new curious technology.
B. Can you make a decent demo with that kind of material?
C. What is the psi?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts