Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"Buy Quality, Cry Once"
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sec. 11-3. Affixing communications to property of another.
No person shall post, place or affix any bill, sign, placard, circular or any writing or any object used for advertisement on any real or personal property, including but not limited to trees, fences, sidewalks, and automobiles without the prior consent of the owner of such property. In the case of town-owned property such consent shall be by the town manager, except in compliance with section 16-13. This section shall not apply to the action of any town employee acting within the scope of his function.
Well after little research I guess I found my answer. That kinda sucks as I've got $350 tied up in flyers and this city was my target audience. Guess I'll look around and see if there's anywhere I can hang my flyers.

What's neat is that at election time you can't move for the flyers, signs and banners. :evil:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Have you thought about direct mailing to subdivisions with a certain income bracket? This works very well for gated comunities. Info Usa will sell you the names, in label format, and Kinkos will fold and staple the flyers CHEAP.

Best of Luck

Jesse R. Kirchhoff

Advanced Power Washing and Restoration Services LLC
Professional Products ~ Professional Service ~ Professional Results
www.advancedpw.com

Kirchhoff Handyman Solutions LLC
“Making Your Life A Lot Less Complicated”
www.midmohandyman.com

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Sec. 11-crap , no person shall fix drop or smear said crap from the anal of his/her body without the expressed concent of the President or acting President of the United States of America.

What the hell's next?

Bob

·
"Buy Quality, Cry Once"
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike Finley said:
At first glance I think you are confusing a sign posting ordinance with a door hanger ordinance. Do a little digging and I think you are going to find that door hangers are quite legal.
Mike.....I dunno, it states fairly clearly:
No person shall post, place or affix any bill, sign, placard, circular or any writing or any object used for advertisement on any real or personal property,
See, as I've said this is a small/midsize very affluent city. It's a suburb of Winston-Salem. Now Winston-Salem which is 5 times larger than Kernersville will allow doorhangers, you just have to go to city hall, show them what you intend to hang, and various zips on where you intend to hang at which time they notify by mail the zips affected.

This isn't a law...it's an ordience (sic) And I can't go to jail for it, but I expect I could pay fines up the wazoo should someone call me on it.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Okay reading it again, you may be right, but it sure sounds to me like the wording for a sign ordinance though. You know all the "we buy ugly houses" people who post signs all over the place? That type of ordinance to fight those. Worth a phone call though to find out for sure.

If it really is, I'm glad I live out in the wild west. You can still carry a six-shooter and put a piece of paper on somebodies door. :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm glad I live out in the wild west. You can still carry a six-shooter and put a piece of paper on somebodies door.
I bet carrying a six-shooter cuts down on any complaints, at least until you're out of pistol range :cheesygri Sorry Mike I just couldn't resist.

·
Registered
364 Posts
On first read I was thinking like Mike in that it read like a sign ordinance... then I reread this line: "any object used for advertisement on any real or personal property". That kinda cinches it for me.

I know it would be more expensive and time consuming, but if you can not place the sign on the door, how about ringing the doorbell? You'd have to ballance the benefit against people thinking it is intrusive once in a while (I know I would and have a sign by my doorbell saying so). However a face to face isnt a bad thing for you either. Especially if you do it yourself or have someone familiar with your business do it.

What a crappy ordinance... I guess that means that people can't put things under wiper blades either huh?

Our town wont even let you put up a GARAGE SALE sign!?!?!
WTF is with that?

Oh and Mike.... going west may sound like a good thing for those persons trapped in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey or New York... but if you wana carry a gun, better not go too far west.

Here in CCCPalifornia CCW permits are about as scarce as roofers with severe vertigo. bastards.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
housedocs said:
I bet carrying a six-shooter cuts down on any complaints, at least until you're out of pistol range :cheesygri Sorry Mike I just couldn't resist.
That's the problem of equilibrium, if I got a six-shooter the guy with a problem with me probably is carrying a 7 shooter! :cheesygri

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I carry a 9mm, 13 rds. of HyrdraShocks and a back-up clip, that's half a box of ammo. I figure that if I haven't hit anything by then, I might as well give up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts