Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i am a marketing manager for a waterproofing company and we are looking to start door to door canvassing to generate leads. what are the best ways to find canvassers, what to pay them and the towns we canvass in how do we obtain a permit to go door to door. we are new to this so any suggestions help. thanks

ron

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
There are many threads about canvassing

The subject about canvassing may be a little burned out because there are many threads about canvassing. You may want to go over the old threads and then ask questions.

I've had a canvassing crew for about 4 or 5 years and canvassing is one of the least-expensive and most-effective methods to generate leads. A very high percent of people love it when canvassers knock on their doors because they need construction services and many of these people hesitate to make the call. Then, when a canvasser shows up they thank us.

We hire canvassers from craigslist and we pay 8% to 10% for a lead when we close the sale. We start them at $10 to $14 per hour, but we put them on straight commission after 4 weeks because if they aren't earning their hourly wage then we don't want them.

All pieces need to fit together nicely to be successful with canvassing. First, you need a reliable canvasser. Then, you need to be able to close the sale and then you need to have the ability to deliver. When one of the pieces is weak the canvassing won't work well. With other types of advertising it is not as noticeable when the pieces don't fit together well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pc,

thanks for the reply. what about permits to go door to door. how much do they cost, are they needed(im in new jersey) and how do i go about obtaining one or does the canvasser have to get the permit?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
The answer for this is a phone call to the town you need the answer in..
Normally it is the canvasser that needs to get registered

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
pc,

thanks for the reply. what about permits to go door to door. how much do they cost, are they needed(im in new jersey) and how do i go about obtaining one or does the canvasser have to get the permit?
If these are the types of questions you have to ask as a marketing manager, I would hope your employer is looking for a new marketing manager.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts