Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys can help me price a door replacement job.
Just the door not the frame. with new hardware and hinges. :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
This should be an easy one man! What does the door slab cost? How far away? How much for hinges & locksets?
I'd probably charge about $100 on top of the materials.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I usually charge $60-$80 depending on if there is only one or multiple doors. It only takes me about an hour if everything goes right :)

·
Banned
39 Posts
A $100 would work for me to hang it and install a standard lockset and deadbolt. Do you have to go pick the door up? Sometimes that can be a hassle, especially on a busy day and the door is coming from the orange box place. Remember your gas cost if the job is out of your area a bit. If its a full mortise lock...the price goes up considerably.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I can easily spend over $100 on hinges alone. Picking the door up is another c-note. The hardware rarely lines up, figure at least another hour. Locksets can run from $12 - $600 + install. If it's an older home, many times the door may have to be shaped to fit, add another 1-2 hrs.
My average exterior door replacement runs about $500 for a frame home. You can pretty much double that for a CBS home.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your response guys. I have to replace 8 swing doors and 8 sliding doors.
Installing the recessed pull handles on hollow core doors can be tricking too.
any advise?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts