Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I might look for a specialized router designed to cut the kerf in door jambs for retrofitting foam weatherstrip? I've seen one in a book, but haven't been able to locate a manufacturer. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I know exactly what you are looking for and I have the info somewhere. I'll try a little harder tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks- I would appreciate it. I thought a person could find almost anything on the 'net-- but struck out on this one..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! That's what I was looking for. Leave it to Tom Silva! Thanks again for the search-- I thought I had Googled every combination there was.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Sorry Trekr, I looked everywhere BUT TOH.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pemko has the tools and products you are seeking

I have been looking for this myself for a few weeks. There are actually two places you can buy it, the company mentioned in the This Old House article cited inan earlier reply and a company from California called Pemko. Pemko not only has the tools and materials for kerf-in weatherstripping, but they also have the special tools and materials for metal interlocking weatherstripping. Check Pemko or Resource Conservation Technology out and you will be very happy. These two weather stripping styles are extremely effective, and there are many new kerf-in products available from other manufacturers, like All Glass Parts, Inc as well as from these two companies.

Bill Dorsey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts