Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting some door hangers printed up.

How have your response rates been for door hangers AND where did you have them printed?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I've never done an actual campaign. I have put out door hangers on houses I thought needed my services if I was driving bye or doing work in that street or something... I have a very low response rate but again I have never done an actual campaign.

·
Professional Tradesman
307 Posts
Nathan said:
I'm thinking of getting some door hangers printed up.

How have your response rates been for door hangers AND where did you have them printed?

Thanks.
Nathan,
On 434 and 436 there is a Office Depot on the corner, go north on 434 about 200 yrds turn right into the parking lot (theres a Wachovia bank) youll be facing the print shop that did mine. Very reasonable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Doorhangers

Doorhangers can be a very effective method of marketing If you target where they are being distributed.

Blanketing an area will result in low response rates and while you can usually print and distribute a doorhanger for under 25 cents per home, a 1/4 of 1% response rate may not give you the cost per lead you are looking for.

On the other hand distributing 200-500 doorhangers around jobs you are currently doing with the job you are doing listed on the doorhanger can be VERY effective.

Try https://www.printingforless.com/cardsdoorhangers.html for your doorhanger printing. I have used them a few times for different clients and recieved good prices for a good quality piece. Or use their quote as a basis to negotiate with your local printer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Guerilla Mktg said:
Doorhangers can be a very effective method of marketing If you target where they are being distributed.

Blanketing an area will result in low response rates and while you can usually print and distribute a doorhanger for under 25 cents per home, a 1/4 of 1% response rate may not give you the cost per lead you are looking for.

On the other hand distributing 200-500 doorhangers around jobs you are currently doing with the job you are doing listed on the doorhanger can be VERY effective.

Try https://www.printingforless.com/cardsdoorhangers.html for your doorhanger printing. I have used them a few times for different clients and recieved good prices for a good quality piece. Or use their quote as a basis to negotiate with your local printer.
GREAT IDEA !!! THANKS

:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:

·
Registered
33 Posts
The HVAC company I have been with for 3 years used Door Hangers and it was a bust (waste of money). Peolpe trash them. News Release is where you will get your customers, get an article in the paper about an organization you raised money for such as "Toys for Tots" or "Food Bank", it works.

Misty

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
While I was still working in the trade for someone else I had some other contractor put a door hanger on a house we were obviously working on while we were at lunch. If someone does that to me personally I might not take it so well. You could see the areas where we taking this house back to raw wood in some spots, ladders, signs in the yard, and equipment...not to mention it was right on a very busy road and our crew was noticed by everyone in the neighborhood. Very poor example of how to handle door hangers and business in general IMO.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
AAPaint said:
While I was still working in the trade for someone else I had some other contractor put a door hanger on a house we were obviously working on while we were at lunch. If someone does that to me personally I might not take it so well. You could see the areas where we taking this house back to raw wood in some spots, ladders, signs in the yard, and equipment...not to mention it was right on a very busy road and our crew was noticed by everyone in the neighborhood. Very poor example of how to handle door hangers and business in general IMO.
Are you certain it was a contractor and not a hanging company? If it was the latter I doubt you can hold it against a college kid or crack head to judge whether they should or should hanger a door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our company uses door hangers. I have our drivers deliver to a minimum of 10 neighbors around each job site. We also use them to canvass entire neighborhoods, streets, blocks, etc. Although, we see one job for every 100 given out. What I see from many contractors is that they deliver 2k doorhangers (which can take alot of time) and get discouraged when they only have a few jobs booked as a result. This can't be your only marketing tactic. It has to be used in combination with advertising, your lawn signs, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts