Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok you wake up this morning and the official American doomsday happens (nuclear bomb, super volcano or financial collapse THE REASON IS NOT IMPORTANT!!! NO REALLY I MEAN IT!!) So it's no longer safe for you and your family to stay in the United States! You've got one chance to leave safely with you and your family to some other country but you have to leave in the helicopter in the next 85 seconds or else you will perish were you stand. You can pick where you want to live! The chopper pilot has grabbed your favorite saw, drill/impact-driver and your tool belt but it's empty.

So here is the question........you now have 70 seconds to grab any tools that you can carry to the chopper and start your life over what would you take and why? (What tools can't you live without whether you actually own them or not)

Also where on the planet would you want to live and why? (If the U.S. is the last place for freedom where would you go if you couldn't be here? Assuming you live in the USA)

·
Registered
358 Posts
I was just talking about doomsday preppers the other day... I dont get it personally.

I think that if America goes down the rest of the world would be soon to follow...

If the world goes down I don't understand who would want to live on. Sure, it could be fun to be omega man for a few days. I'd finally be able to drive every car I wanted. But really after that it would be terrible.

But for the sake of the post... it'd take my S&W M&P 40. Seems to be a universal tool, given those circumstances.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I was just talking about doomsday preppers the other day... I dont get it personally.

I think that if America goes down the rest of the world would be soon to follow...

If the world goes down I don't understand who would want to live on. Sure, it could be fun to be omega man for a few days. I'd finally be able to drive every car I wanted. But really after that it would be terrible.

But for the sake of the post... it'd take my S&W M&P 40. Seems to be a universal tool, given those circumstances.
America is far from indispensable on a global scale.

Bring a knife, I'm not sure if NZ sells 40 cal ammo. :laughing:

Reactions: m1911

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Come to think of it I'll just buy new stuff when we get to NZ. I'll take a bottle of scotch, a pack of jerky and a ****o mag for the ride.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I , would be screwed because its taken me 10 minutes to think of where i want to go so the pilot and my wife and kids will probably live happily ever after on some tropical island :) :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sure, in theory the world could sustain itself without us. No need to get into that debate.

However, given the premise of this post. If several million, possibly tens of millions of displaced people began escaping the US I think its fair to say there would be a less that desirable ripple effect on a global scale. Still doesn't sound like a ton of fun. Don't you?

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
I'd just run out to the car and grab my toolbag. Has almost all the handtools I need to do just about anything.

I'd probably pick Somalia, simply for the availability of weapons so I could return and recapture the US.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I"d make a crack about Ottawa, but that would be mean. :laughing:
Gotta be hot... and I'm not wearing a tool belt either. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hahaha it's like being in a room full of grown up ADHD contractors. I was really hoping that a lot of people would think about the tools that if you boil it down to the basics. And the countries you may have visited and want to relocate to or had a desire to go to.

But then again I did post it just before happy hour on a cold winter Saturday. Lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts