Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,528 Posts
He's using a roller with a bucket to small to use with a screen.

·
Smart phone? Scan me!
2,137 Posts
phssshh... they are college kids.. needs sum edjumacation.. later in life they can justify what they "learned" painting in college for what they will pay to have a job done "right".

:rolleyes: and no. they should all be working at ambercrombie.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
A guy I know had a company called Student Painters Plus he asked me to give a presentation to the kids on how to set up a job site and how to do things like caulk, spackle, glaze windows I did two weekends at Indiana University and at Michigan State University he paid me $1,000.00 a weekend plus room and board, So it was worth my time. But I must say there were a couple of kids who could have turned painting into a good career.
then there were others who like most were just there for the money:whistling

·
semi-skilled laborer
2,075 Posts
From what I have heard the parent company rips off the kids that open a franchise. The whole deal is to get people to feel they are doing a good thing by helping these poor kids get through college, when in reality the kids, the customers and everybody but the parent company themselves get screwed.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I honestly dont give a rats ass... People who understand quality painters dont hire these people and they are not my target so... :thumbsup: they can eat up all them bs consumers who waiste my time and gas doing estimates =)

·
Registered
293 Posts
hmm.. Well, i have an estimate tomorrow for some guy who needs the int of his moble home repainted... =)... Would any of you bother? Ill sell him a spray job thats affordable heheh, I just dont and havent ran into many people who live in a trailor park who can afford a pro paint job... Feed back welcome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts