Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Lie about hours? If your requiring them to check in hours with you, maybe you need to pick up withholding and unemployment contributions as well, according to the law that is.

Define your problem, please? Just calling somebody a crook with no explanation kinda makes me wonder who the real crook is.

Bob

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
I'm really upset that he's mad at me. I did one stinking roof in Highland Park, and this is the thanks I get for it. I bend over backwards to do a good job and satisfy him after he begs me to do his roof.

That'll be the last time.

Thanks for nothing, Madder.

·
Banned
39 Posts
They are crooks and lie about hours and prices.

Were you paying them by the hour? Was it the 30 min coffee breaks that ticked ya off or the two hour lunches?
R

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I do repair work by the hour. This is the only thing I can think of this medder is commenting about. As far as material prices go most any company, if not all companies, markup material. This markup usually covers the time and vehicular expenses it takes to actually go pick up the materials.

I can see how someone might say they lie about material prices if they were never explained that the material prices would be marked up... then the customer goes to home depot and sees the bundle of shingles for $11 but paid $14 from their roofer to cover tax and delivery.

I wish Madder would give some details of why he is pissed off so us contractors don't fall into the same trap.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
He came on ContractorTalk, talking bad about a contractor, jeez, he would have had better odds going to Maybery, slapping oppie around, pi$$ing in Andy's coffee and screwing Ant Bee.

Bob

·
Registered
28 Posts
:cool:
Glasshousebltr said:
He came on ContractorTalk, talking bad about a contractor, jeez, he would have had better odds going to Maybery, slapping oppie around, pi$$ing in Andy's coffee and screwing Ant Bee.

Bob

[Glasshousebltr]You've got one hell of a sense of humor . I'm sitting here laughing my ass off on that post.
This guy madder seems to me like, he did'nt get enough done for nothing. Maybe we throw in the install of a kitchen sink for free!! :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts