Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
Nice work!

looking for function or just making a point?

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
The owner did not want a tiltout and wanted to maximize the space. She's a tight fit... so "Mission Accomplished."
That'd be a great article for FHB!

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,665 Posts
That's cool looking bass, never would have thought of that myself....

·
Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How did you decide on the stove to bend it to? and was there a lot of spring-back when you removed the strap?
The stove was a little tighter radius so the spring-back was about perfect. I gave the plywood a couple of dunkings in the rain barrel to help it bend... then since it was wet I used poly glue.

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
I'll tell them you suggested it.:thumbsup:
Probably not a good idea...I have enough pull to tear the address label off their magazine...I can't even do that!

·
Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used two layers of 1/4" luan ply for this. The first layer was stapled to the edge of the drawer bottom. The second layer was ripped narrower and stacked on top of the drawer bottom and I stapled through the bottom into this layer. Using this method the two layers had two courses of fasteners at 90* angles to one another. The layers were also glued and clamped to each other.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
I used two layers of 1/4" luan ply for this. The first layer was stapled to the edge of the drawer bottom. The second layer was ripped narrower and stacked on top of the drawer bottom and I stapled through the bottom into this layer. Using this method the two layers had two courses of fasteners at 90* angles to one another. The layers were also glued and clamped to each other.
I see a few places you could have put more clamps :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,665 Posts
Leo, I thought of your drawer and wondered how you would do dovetails at that curved joint... it meets at 30*. I'm sure it could be done... for a certain price.

Regards,

Bass
I think youmight have to do something like that by hand. Something I have never done before.

·
chief pencil holder
1,605 Posts
The owner did not want a tiltout and wanted to maximize the space. She's a tight fit... so "Mission Accomplished."

The owner or the drawer?

Yea i know i live in the gutter:whistling

1 - 20 of 49 Posts