Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help in solving a problem with dog urine turning a customers yard brown. there are multible spots 8 inches in diameter from the dog, also the yard is high in nitrogen from over fertilization. is there a solution to make grass grow in these areas again.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Sounds to me like the dog is not getting enough water or not being let out often enough. I've had dogs forever and never heard of this problem. The urine must be highly acidic, thus some lime would be the antidote.
I would first confront the owner about the treatment of the animal. Urine this concentrated will have effects on the kidneys, bladder and naughty bits of the dog.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We've tried the pills without luck. Our dog (yellow lab) inherently has strong urine, no matter how many times a day he goes out. You'd think he drinks roundup or something.

For his larger stops (first thing in the morning or after a long absense of his servants), I may turn the hose on where he pees.

As far as grass goes, Bermuda is not affected by it. At least, the bermuda in our side yard that he goes on. Dog stops there = not having to turn hose on it.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I have Floratam and weeds, the combination is bulletproof. BTW, I'm not a yard kind of guy. As long as the county doesn't cite me, I'm good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts