Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Men,

Has anyone ever used or seen a " 3/4"copper x 3/4" Male IPS tapped 90 degree elbow?? The tapping is for an air bleed vent on a hot water loop heating system. I've seen the common 3/4" tapped cooper elbow and a 3/4" copper x male IPS elbow but never one with the tapping.

Thanks

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Men,

Has anyone ever used or seen a " 3/4"copper x 3/4" Male IPS tapped 90 degree elbow?? The tapping is for an air bleed vent on a hot water loop heating system. I've seen the common 3/4" tapped cooper elbow and a 3/4" copper x male IPS elbow but never one with the tapping.

Thanks

Could you not knock one up with other fittings?

·
Pro Plumber
2,779 Posts
What are you talking about, tapped, tapping, these are not your common fitting words I ever heard for plumbing fitting.

Then there is knock one up, what is that all about?

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
What are you talking about, tapped, tapping, these are not your common fitting words I ever heard for plumbing fitting.

By tapped he means female internal thread. As in Tap or Die thread. So that he can screw a air bleed valve into it. thats how im pictureing it. I dont do a lot of black iron work so this fitting is new to me. Dont sound like the kind of heating system vents i ever seen before. The type i normally use are AAV's.

By knock one up i mean if you can find 2 fittings that will do the same thing when joined together. I heard many different terms for things since moving from the UK so im used to some different jargon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By tapped he means female internal thread. As in Tap or Die thread. So that he can screw a air bleed valve into it. thats how im pictureing it. I dont do a lot of black iron work so this fitting is new to me. Dont sound like the kind of heating system vents i ever seen before. The type i normally use are AAV's.

By knock one up i mean if you can find 2 fittings that will do the same thing when joined together. I heard many different terms for things since moving from the UK so im used to some different jargon.
Found it. Elkart products carries it. It is not stocked in many supply houses since its an "i [email protected]!ed up on the roughing" fitting.

Thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
Well, if you put a male thread with a female thread...:whistling

"cobble together"
"******* engineered" (yeah, I avoided the obvious one so as not to offend) :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts