Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Price per sq ft. To tearout concrete parking lot, if your going price per sq ft is __ for lets say 1000 sq ft. Then you have a 20,000 sq ft parking lot would you lower your price. If so by how much? Just tearout no trucking involved.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Price per sq ft. To tearout concrete parking lot, if your going price per sq ft is __ for lets say 1000 sq ft. Then you have a 20,000 sq ft parking lot would you lower your price. If so by how much? Just tearout no trucking involved.
I'd say be a real man and figure it out yourself.

·
Dave from Macatawa
277 Posts
if the removal price is $ xx.00/1000sqft and you have 20,000sqft to remove, then the price would be $ xx.00 X 20 = 20(xx.00).

Then because of the volume discount you would divide by tree fiddy:thumbsup:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Inevitably the price would go down a certain extent at a certain point. Where that point is would depend on the project from my experience.

We'll say that 500sq. ft. is gonna run about the same as 1,000sq. ft. in overall price due to mobilization, set-up, etc. But once you get going and tearing, it basically takes x amount of time to demo x amount of material.

Using an hourly rate on the machine, time is time, so unless the project gets easier as you go, the price per sq. ft. would probably remain unchanged once the mobilization, set-up, etc. is absorbed into the project.

Just my opinion.

·
Captain of the Titanic
708 Posts
My wife tolds me size matters so I rented her a horse!!:no:

Seriuosly, I would say your unit should move down. Typicaly you would be able to move faster in a larger work space and your mobilization and set up cost would be spread over a greater amount of units so yes, your unit price should come down some (not a lot).

Do the math and I think you'll find it so.

Reactions: digdeep516

·
Registered
219 Posts
I gave a guy a price per sq ft once, thought it should be pretty good money. turned out it was a bunch of 5x10, 3x10, etc. pieces that were interlocked with others that couldn't be damaged. never wanted to walk away so bad in my life. price has to be based on expected production.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts