Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Does nobullremodeling.com suck for a name?

9K views 77 replies 19 participants last post by  mikeswoods 
#1 ·
Does the name 'No Bull Remodeling' suck as a dba? I only spent an hour with google apps on the domain so of course the site sucks.

Before I get carried away with trying to build a dba name and grand website, could you kindly tell me what your thoughts are on it.

One thing I dont like is it sounds a little like 'noble remodeling' when you say it.

A few things about me that might matter on name choice. I only remodel, done my share of new but I mostly hate it unless its some custom one-of. My strong areas areas are design and problem solving. Quality over speed. Product delivery over money. Probably wont try to be a big GC till I hit my 50's and am too stove up to work anymore. I lean towards wants not needs though I am doing rehab for the time being, make take a while to climb up in a new area. Everybody and there mothers uncle is a "contractor" here in Tulsa.

Thanks?

#8 ·
I kinda like it. It's catchy and you could make a cool logo. Get some brand awareness going. If you don't like it try something with your name. Maybe it's just this area but the companies that do well have their name in the company name. Dave Germer Construction, RB Olson Construction, and Steve Carlton Construction are the three biggest contractors in the area.

How are things in Tulsa? What do the big boys call their companies? What's the trend there? Is it names, initials, or nothing at all to do with the owners name?

#12 ·
How are things in Tulsa? What do the big boys call their companies? What's the trend there? Is it names, initials, or nothing at all to do with the owners name?
A lot of nothing to do with owner names. Tulsa's good,. Got some really freakin weird ones like 'Blessed hands home improvement' and 'snowbear restorations' , 'Agape roofing and construction"

#14 ·
Ok so try this on for size. Hestia Remodeling

Hestia is the Greek goddess of hearth and home.

Kind of along the same lines as Atlas Sand & Rock and Hercules Excavating. 2 other companies I know of that are doing well using Greek mythology in their company names.

Here's a picture you can use as a logo.

Attachments

#29 ·
Can't it's raining and we've had a cold snap. I'm stuck inside working on some designs.

Next time I'm in OK visiting my dad I'll pop in to Tulsa for a visit. We can go to Starbucks for a cup of coffee and the zoo. I love Tulsa zoo. It'll be great.

No hard feelings mmmmkay?

#36 · (Edited)
No disrespect to Hestia the Goddess of Remodeling intended but consider using a keyword phrase that many people are searching for but few websites have used as an URL.

"tulsa-bathroom-remodeling-ideas.com" uses the keyword phrase bathroom remodeling ideas.

This phrase has 15,375 searches per month on Google and there are 2848 other websites using that phrase somewhere in their content. That means there is 5 times more demand for that keyword than supply.

"remodeling" by contrast has 31,623 searches per month but more than 291410 websites using the phrase. Using nobullremodeling, tulsa-remodeling in the URL will leave you lost in a sea of competition.

"small-bathroom-remodeling" is also a good URL choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.