Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the following product on an info commercial and was wondering if it really works as they claim. When it comes to caulking I'm terrible so I thought the product would be ideal for someone like me.

http://www.flexshot.com/

·
Radical Basement Dweller
29,430 Posts
Looks like caulk in a pressurized can. I don't think using it will increase your proficiency at caulking as you still have to deal with what comes out of the canister or cartridge...wet finger, masking, too much, too little, etc.

I tend to mask a lot like when a colored wall meets white trim. Lots of threads around on caulking. Caulking can make you either look like a star or a hack.

Flexshot may be handy for long, uninterrupted runs but again, you have to work the caulk after it leaves the package.

My 2 cents...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Pressurized caulking has been around for a long time, he just decided to capitalize on it with a TV ad to reach the masses.

The same with the TV ad about the set of drill bits that removes stripped screws. That product I bought years before the recent TV ad about it (Craftsman).

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I used the mono in a pressurized can once, what a useless invention.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Oh WOW! If you order now you not only get two cans but they throw in 2 extension tubes!!

What a joke, a better investment would be to get an electric caulk gun.

·
Registered
305 Posts
$20 + $10 shipping and handling + $10 processing on the "free" one. That's $40 for two little 8 oz tubes of caulk! :eek: Let me know how that works out for ya.

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
For me, caulking breaks down to sizing the tip appropriately, applying enough to actually fill the joint but not too much, and then smoothing it off without leaving a big cove or gobs of caulk on the adjacent surfaces.

The first two just come from practice and taking it slow. The last is a combination of masking, dampening the surfaces and using a decent tool. I use the tool below for any application where I need a really clean bead as it tools it down to a pretty small cove and it scoops up the excess better than my finger can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts