Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my customers is thinking about doing it so she calls up the company that does it and hes talking it up real nice , right. he shows her pics and catalogs even a contract just signed from a different customer he had just come from. so she says well can i have a copy of the contract to review it tonight? he gets all weird and is like no that not our policy. shes like im not just gonna skim through a 2 page contract then sign it for a huge job like this. later that night he calls and says she can have a copy of the first page. but not the second one lol. so i told her id look into it for her.
any thing you guys know would be much appreciated.

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
Read this quick, sign it and then you can not have a copy? No thanks, I'd be out!!!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Does page two contain personal information for that client? If so I wouldn't have shown it off in the first place but I'd understand withholding it.

Edit: what's Rhino Shield?

·
Registered
163 Posts
im sure the 2nd page is all the leagalese. I know a little about these companies and know there is a small service charge (200.00 last I heard) for all touchups and repairs. They are an interesting product but any type of lifetime warranty is impossible.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Had a friend that had his 36' Chris Craft deck done with it.I sure would not want it on my house unless it's a special product made by the same company.Still don't se how it would look.Guess I'll have to Google it.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
If you google "<product name> vs. paint" you'll get their story. As far as the contract goes, presumably that second page has all the fine print about the warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts