Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing all kinds of estimates and the people want to know everything they need EVERYTHING and since my add brings up best quality soil guaranteed with soil testing and we ph testing with a fee. But after we do the estimate they usually ask for the P.H. and soil test results we say thats fine and usually they wont pay until the results are back. I have a fee to do this and I need a way of finding an form for bidding or estimate so I can send them a bill , and have them pay! They fall off the face of the earth and dont pay. I cant afford to put them in collections for anything that small and its not worth my time. Can anyone help me with this or link me to a form that will help me with this so i can at least send them a copy with there signature on it so it pressures them a bit to PAY ME! thanks

·
Sean
5,537 Posts
Sorry but anything you have to send out to a lab, etc... gets paid up front

I could see doing a quick field test for alkalinity, PH, whatever you have equipment for, but if they want an in-depth report, they pay for it & my time to send it in & forward the info.

What in the world do you do that requires Soil Testing, all I see are posts in the Framing area & the trade "Greek" is quite simply Greek to me. Is this for landscaping, or ??? If the soil test for PH, etc... required to complete an in depth estimate - then you need to be charging for said estimates like soil engineers, Archi's, etc... do

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I do alot of sod installations i should have wrote that in the thread. Its usually what gets people to call me over others since everyone wants the best quality but as i have found out are not willing to pay for it.

·
Sean
5,537 Posts
You sound like you need to change your advertising or ad in a 59, 79, 99, 199 soil test special (I don't know your costs - thus the range)

You can always go out, do a quick PH test & then offer the service as an add on (pay me now) or just slap the sod in with no guarantee

Do us a favor until we get to know you a little better though - in your profile - put a legit trade in & at least the state you work in, after a few hundred posts you can play with the trade title

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont want to just do what people do and comment on stuff. What ever, you guys make me feel like one of these part time unlicensed guys. Im a union contractor and have two legit businesses dont be that mean. mean but I understand I guess. I read these threads alot but just:shutup: dont comment much. :shutup:

·
13 Licenses & Counting
197 Posts
Cellular CC machines

We just got a cellular based credit card machine - so, for well inspections especially, we collect a CC # & what not up front, while we're on the phone with the client. Then, we either charge it ahead of time, or when we get to the site, we can charge their card right on site - which saves on the fees for taking cards.

As my old man is fond of saying - "You go to McDonalds and even they get the money first!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.