Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Does anyone do consistant work for home building and housing development companies?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  user48901 
i have never worked for the "big" home builders like you are talking about.but a few years ago,a builder called me and asked me to go to guymon oklahoma to brick a house for him.guymon is about 160 miles from my hometown and was under going a building boom due to seaboard building a packing plant there.this builder told me if i gave him a good job and good price,he had 10 more homes planned and i would get them.to make a long story short,i cut my brick price by 200.00 a thousand and did him a very good job.he paid me and told me to be ready to do his other houses.he built the other houses,but a crew came in from amarillo texas and beat my price by 100.00 a thousand and he let them do his work.
i still run into the builder now and then and he will ask me if i have time to do a job for him and i tell him i am too busy.he called me about 6 months ago and asked me for advice on laying adheered veener stone,again i told him i was not in the business of teaching and that he should enroll in a masonry class.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.