Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anybody know what the story on ductless air conditioners are all about.
I seen Rich T.of this old house install one about a year ago he said they are whisper quite and are perfect for people who have copper base board heat meaning no central air. I'm kinda getting tired of having to put air conditoner in window in summer and take out in fall. I believe the offical name is split system meaning ductless split system airconditioner. :Thumbs:

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Seriously and don't know why I'm answering this for you but it would be.
#1 There is a terriost on board and he is hijacking the plane. #2 We have a engine on fire. #3 We have lost hydraulics. #4 There goes our instruments. #5 Were landing in snow and the plane before us just skidded off of the runway. #6 Were landing in fog and we have minimal visibility. #7 We have a medical emergency have to divert to nearest airport. The list goes on and on.
Hope that answer your question Michael. I'm being as serious as a heart attack.

·
Registered
227 Posts
747 said:
Does anybody know what the story on ductless air conditioners are all about.
I seen Rich T.of this old house install one about a year ago he said they are whisper quite and are perfect for people who have copper base board heat meaning no central air. I'm kinda getting tired of having to put air conditoner in window in summer and take out in fall. I believe the offical name is split system meaning ductless split system airconditioner. :Thumbs:
The unit you are talking about is called a Ductless mini split such as this: http://www.mini-split.com/

·
Registered
186 Posts
There are two ways that you can go either ductless minisplit or the Unico or Spacpak hi velocity.

There are wall mount, floor/ceiling and celiling mount systems. Drain lines have to be routed as well to get rid of the moisture that is removed from the air.
Check Friedrich

The Unico uses small diameter ducts. Check their web site at Unico Air Conditioning You can view some installs on older homes.

Call around your local area on who can do these installs and give you your best option for your situation. If you cannot locate someone locally go to the northern Illinois Air Conditioning Contractors Association (NIACCA) web site they have a link there for locating contractors or call their Phone 1-847-297-7669.

·
Commercial construction
627 Posts
It's an old joke, I just wanted to see if you had heard it. I know it belongs in the joke forum but, I figured you were sitting around bored in the middle of the night, waiting to fly.

The two most dangerous things said in the cockpit of an airplane are:

1. Watch this...

and

2. It's just the gauge...

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
LOL Michael I thought you were being serious. I have never heard that joke before. We'll now you know what I consider to be the #7 and thanks to the hvac guys for the perspective on the airconditioning system I was ask about. :Thumbs:...Doc thanks for the excellent website it looks like mitsubishi is definately the way to go. Well maybe not I just went to the unico website and they look pretty cool. You know I have a 63 ranch and it has a deep crawl space underneath it. I would guess it to be probably over 4 feet deep clean and dry. I kind of like the little registers in the floor ideal. That silver tubing should be no problem to run in that crawlspace. :Thumbs:
MICHAEL I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF TROY NEW YORK BUT I DO FLY AT LEAST ONE A WEEK IN TO EWR (NEWARK,NJ).

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Mikesewell

MICHAEL Albany international airport. I never fly into it because we do offer nonstop from ord to alb but its on american eagle which would be the embraer rj140 it only has 44 seats. Next time I'm over upstate new york I would honk the horn but we don't have one. :) :Thumbs:

·
Commercial construction
627 Posts
Up until a couple of years ago you could have talked to me on the radio, I was Skyhawk 80086, Cessna 24522, and at the drop zone in Duanesburg, NY I jumped out of Skylane 1DZ, and Skylane 3DZ, both of which are now smashed up.

What's the most dangerous thing in a cockpit? LOL.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mikesewell

Michael I was going to tell you what dawn was wearing in the general discussion forum but Nathan closed the thread. :cry: :Thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts