Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Looks like the van compactor got to it but stopped midway thru!
If I saw that I would sprint away.

but then again, if all vans looked like that, it would make my parking space have alot more side room.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I think with the right engine it would be the perfect truck for our gutter crew. It's tall, which is very good and just wide enough for the gutter macine and two guys.

Personally I have seen many on the streets here in Chicago.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen a few of the around but I haven't seen any contractors using them yet.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grumpy said:
They seem to be ideal for delivery trucks. I havent seen any contractors either.
I saw another one today. Your right, they would make a perfect delivery truck. But I wouldn't use one for a painting van.

One thing thats nice about them though... You could put a HUGE sign on one. Your own mobile billboard.

- Nathan

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grumpy said:
They seem to be ideal for delivery trucks. I havent seen any contractors either.
Well, you were right.

The FedEx near me just bought about 30 of these things. Big FEDEX signs on the side that look real nice.

·
Electrical Contractor
2,411 Posts
They have been Fed-Ex trucks around here for a couple of years now only they are Freightliners. UPS has some also.

I think they are totally cool. I said from the first time I saw one what a good contractors truck they would make.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I looked at them before we went to the Spartan Supreme units from Chevy, they have a little less room but are a lot easier to work out of for our type of service (Boiler Building/Repair serviec)

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Or a frat party "Sprinter tipping".

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have no idea how I survived my first few years of driving.
If I have a teen age son... I'm going to get him the slowest car know to man.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
LOL yugo would be able the slowest I know of. Natha better advice is to teach him how to drive, nobody taught me how to drive. My brother sold me my first car at age 15. I didnt get my license until I was 19. I had 3 cars by that time :) I even had insurance on them with no license.

A friend and I tried to flip his mother's blazer when we were 16. That was funny. I wonder why we did that.

U

·
0 Posts
We have five of the things full racked with HVAC and our people love them. You can work inside and stand inside without crouching. They turn tighter than an F-250 and we've been getting 30 MPG.

Lee Hatch
Fleet Manager
Reddy Ice
Nathan said:
I was reading my newest issue of American Paint Contractor and I saw an ad for the new Dodge Sprinter. What do you guys think of this thing? It seems like their high roof lines would make it difficult to get your ladders on and off.
Here's an image of one: http://www.dodge.com/gallery/img/sprinter/enlarge_6.jpg

Thoughts?
-Nathan

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its funny how Google works. I was checking the stats on my server and noticed that a ton of people have stumbled onto this site by typing Dodge Sprinter into Google. I checked it out and noticed we came up #4. :eek:
Seems like dodge.com would come up before anyone else did?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts