Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
As Golden view mentioned its now less about what type of engine and more about weight and traction. Most new trucks can spin all 4 tires in the dry. If you have the weight and traction you could pull a Diesel version of the same truck as long as you had the weight and traction. You could have a 1000ftlb beast of a truck but if your running off road tires and a guy in a 300ftlb truck has performance road tires then he's gonna win. Thats why i think these tests are stupid but they are funny.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Chevy broke two control arms and Cummins blew a head gasket. Guess they both paid for it in the end.

I was wondering what became of these trucks afterwards especially the Chevy. If anything the Dodge payed a far bigger price. Getting head gaskets done aint cheap.

However I would be real worried about what other parts on that Silverado took a beating on that pull. Transfer-case/Tranny/Differential would be a big concern if it was my truck. It could pop 10k down the road, who knows.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Ya the chevy is either a 1500HD, 2500 or 3500. You couldn't get a 4 door with a 6.5ft bed in the 1500s... To put a 6.0 against a modded cummins is crazy, even a mild built 6.0 against a stock cummins would likely be the same story. .... Maybe even a duramax...

Now there had to be some back story to this... Or dodge guy is just the local crazy...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.