Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I remember watching one ask this old house and rich showed up to a home where one of the owners had allergies. They had a forced air system and he installed this one unit on the side of the forced air furnance and it was a dust zapper you could actually hear it zap the dust with like electricity or something and he said all you have to do is once a month pull it out and run it through the diswasher. Have you ever installed one of those before. Its called a electronic air cleaner manuf. by american standard. Zaps particles 100times smaller than a regular filter.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah, we install Electronic air cleaners. They have come a long ways from the early days. My personal preference is the Aprilaire 5000 but there are several good ones out there. Lennox has a true HEPA system we like to use in special cases as well. Like they pointed out, they are maintenance intensive because if you don't keep them clean, they won't work properly.

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
AND... if you don't keep them clean, they sometimes literally go down in a blaze of glory. AND... if you ever get shocked by an electronic air cleaner, you'll remember the experience for a long, long time. Don't ask me how I know that. :cheesygri

1 - 3 of 3 Posts