Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
I'm a puss when it comes to sick. Hurt, no problem. Sick just kicks my ass.

Reactions: nEighter

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
ditto shane... and if for some freak reason I am not at work, you can bet your ass others are...

·
strat hd
1,695 Posts
If I ain't at the morgue I'm working. :rolleyes:
One time I had malaria and encephalitis at the same time and went to work. I ain't no pussy..............:rolleyes:

·
Trailer park boy
4,802 Posts
If I ain't at the morgue I'm working. :rolleyes:
One time I had malaria and encephalitis at the same time and went to work. I ain't no pussy..............:rolleyes:
Not sure about you but when I'm sick I'd rather be getting fresh air and exercise than laying around in bed breeding some more sickness for my wife and then children to catch then pass back on to me.

It's not about being a tough guy either. it's about work ethic and drive. If I can be there, I will be.

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
if i can walk and im not squirtin or pukin i'll go in. i sometimes get rashed up pretty good on my inner thighs and that will leave me worthless because i cant walk. which really sucks because i feel fine, im not sick, i just literally cant walk. HOWEVER if i am obviously sick and getting worse i'll ask for a day or two off. i'd rather lose a couple days then wait until im deathly ill.
rashed up? geross.:w00t:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,587 Posts
Define sick. Cold, sniffing, coughing, stuffed up. I'm at work. Puking, squirting phsical shivering, home in bed.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
if i can walk and im not squirtin or pukin i'll go in. i sometimes get rashed up pretty good on my inner thighs and that will leave me worthless because i cant walk.
Ahhhh yes, the cowboy rash. We call that the "John Wayne":laughing:

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Ahhhh yes, the cowboy rash. We call that the "John Wayne":laughing:
That is when I have baby powder in my lunch bucket. As I have aged I don't even care if the guys see me dump some in my drawers.

If it feels good, do it. I'm not scared.:thumbsup:

Reactions: JT Wood

·
Chief outhouse engineer
1,418 Posts
Sat. nite spent 4 hours at emergency room for kidney stones, wobbling puking and absolutely in the most pain of my life. Released me about 1:30 am.

Monday morning at 7:00 am at work moving rail cars with a bobcat. I was supervisor, no one on the crew could believe I was at work, let alone doing something.

This was about 5 years ago give or take. Not staying home unless I got the "West Bend Quick step" as my dad affectionately named it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
We all seem to think we are invincible. Most of us can tough it out and go to work while we have a cold or whatever, or most of the time we have to because we need to work. But in a way it's sort of like school, they encourage you to not come because you could get others sick and then it could just circulate back and forth. I won't say that I have not done it, but I think honestly it's better to just stay home and get well so it doesn't drag out to be longer than it should when you attempt to work. Just my thoughts!

·
Smart phone? Scan me!
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Define sick. Cold, sniffing, coughing, stuffed up. I'm at work. Puking, squirting phsical shivering, home in bed.
aching body, feels like you were in a car that rolled over about 8 times.. all you can do is moan.. the flu. I am a pussy then, I tried but the sweats and dizzyness walking on a deck taking planks off and lifting 2X6's here and there was all I could do. Each one felt like 150lbs..:no:

and coughing till I hurt my chest.. not fun.

·
Registered
440 Posts
aching body, feels like you were in a car that rolled over about 8 times.. all you can do is moan.. the flu. I am a pussy then, I tried but the sweats and dizzyness walking on a deck taking planks off and lifting 2X6's here and there was all I could do. Each one felt like 150lbs..:no:

and coughing till I hurt my chest.. not fun.
Damn dude, maybe you need a friend to take you to the vet. Hate to have you suffer when you could easily be put down. :laughing::clap:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
“A good man always knows his limitations”. Clint Eastwood.

Reactions: nEighter

·
Smart phone? Scan me!
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Damn dude, maybe you need a friend to take you to the vet. Hate to have you suffer when you could easily be put down. :laughing::clap:
HaHa BOB! I am rarely sick, and when I get sick it takes me down :mad:

·
Registered
3,588 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
If I have to be working around other people then I don't work when sick, I don't want to get them sick. Or if I get too sick, I don't go, if I am sick enough I get delirious, I've ran through stop signs while driving, not worth it.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts