Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
To be honest I wear shoe covers sometimes, usually if the weather is bad. I try not to do show up at people’s homes in my work clothes, I am sure to wipe my feet regardless. I just pick up the disposable ones at SW.

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
Contractor
9 Posts
+1 on the covers David recommends, mine are similar: Jron 5 Pairs Premium Reusable Washable Shoe Cover Boot Covers for Contractors (5 Pairs | US 12-14 For Shoes/US 11-13 For Boots, Black) - - Amazon.com

If I'm walking into someone's house for an inspection, I slip them over my boots. Every time. If we go out to the back yard, I take them off, look around, and put them pack on when we go back inside. It takes a few seconds and it's a courtesy to the homeowner. My boots are work boots and are for work conditions, i.e. dusty, dirty. My boot covers are for nice conditions, i.e. clean. Best to keep the two separate.

Also, not sure if anyone else has worked on offshore drilling rigs, but you get your ass chewed out for entering the living accommodations with boots on. Having that drilled into me in a prior life may carry over here, but I do know that people notice you taking the extra effort to respect their space.

·
Designer/Contractor
5,633 Posts
It's a good idea to pay attention by the front door and see if there's a big stack of shoes also. If there is the chances are good the inhabitants don't wear shoes inside. A lot of Asians do this and they appreciate it if you notice and remove your shoes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.