Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do You Take Women In The Construction Industry Seriously

I'm sure there's lots of qualified women in the construction industry. However, if I had to choose between a male or female owned construction business. I have to confess I would probably go with the male owned business. And I believe that most female home owners would probable make the same choice. Whether right or wrong the general perception is that most female construction professionals are incapable of handling the workload and pressures that come with the job. Their construction knowledge very limited and not taken seriously as their male counterparts.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tony is really going for the gold with this controversial trolling thread thing.

Definitely Troll of the Month.
Not trolling i'm just not politically correct. just stating what a lot guys in the field think but scared to say so.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a difference between being politically correct and sexist. Making a decision based on gender is sexist.
Really...Lets say i'm having my home veneered with stone work and have the option of the two following contractor choices.

Option A: Contractor consisting of all muscular males.

Option B: Contractor consisting of all women weighing approximately 100lbs each.

Who do you think i'm going to hire. Obviously anyone with any common sense Option A.
its called reality not sexist!

·
Hair Splitter
18,330 Posts
Really...Lets say i'm having my home veneered with stone work and have the option of the two following contractor choices.

Option B: Contractor consisting of all women weighing approximately 100lbs each.

Who do you think i'm going to hire. Obviously anyone with common sense Option A.
It's a straw man. I will play along with this one, but please no more. It makes you look weak. It also is an attempt to hide your OP.

"However, if I had to choose between a male or female owned construction business. I have to confess I would probably go with the male owned business."

As for who you are going to hire, it's obvious from your topic.

If they can do the job on time and on budget, what does it matter?

·
I like Green things
23,034 Posts

Who do you think i'm going to hire. Obviously anyone with any common sense Option A.

Any guy I know would pick the 100 pound spinners in choice B.

Your wording on choice A is a little odd.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If they can do the job on time and on budget, what does it matter?
Again..Whether "right" or "wrong" the general perception is that most female construction professionals are incapable of handling the workload and pressures that come with the job.

·
Registered
943 Posts
WarnerConstInc. said:
Any guy I know would pick the 100 pound spinners in choice B. Your wording on choice A is a little odd.
Yeah, combine that with the logic in steex's post...

If contractors had the same track record but Ike was owned by and staffed with females- I'm going that route with my money.

But wait, is there something wrong with that too?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have done work for a female GC in my area. She is totally awesome. She is doing a $6.5 million residencial compound project right now. She knows her stuff, doesn't put up with any crap, keeps the owners happy, pays super fast, and is super easy to work with.

I wonder when the last time the OP had a $6 million residential project was. :whistling I'm guessing never...

It is not about male/female. It is about performance. This gal I speak of would kick a lot of our butts in terms of business volume and happy clients. Does she lay brick or hammer nails? Of course not. But she gets stuff done and makes profit while keeping her clients and subs very happy. That to me is a great thing.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I wonder when the last time the OP had a $6 million residential project was
Again.."I'm sure there's lots of qualified women in the construction industry."

BTW..your right i never had a $6million project but i did build a home worth approx $1million that we lived in for few years.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
Muscular males???? No thanks, I'll take the hotties. But i only know 4 women in the masonry trade and none of them would be considered hotties. 2 Of them back in the day maybe.

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
I have found that women G/Cs [paper pushers ] Are a little slow with the check IME.

I know a mother / Daughter painting team that are two of the best painters anyone could ask for. The Daughter is in charge of the cash flow,,And If you owe money !! You best pay up!:whistling

A concrete finisher I knew pasted away [Heart attack] He was the main source of income for the family..His wife worked with him often and she knew the trade so she kept his Company rolling...Her and two other girls were out there day After day pushing concrete ..All three ladies were very nice looking and In tip top shape...Whenever they pour a pad in town In the summer There's no shortage of on lookers ;).. He died 15 years ago . The last I heard she still runs that business .

I have a cousin that's a D/C He takes his wife to work with him everyday ! ,,,But that's just cause she's too ugly to kiss goodbye !!:laughing:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.