Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
In Edmonton, prices for taping vary by texture and height of the walls. There was a thread earlier about prices in AB that you could look at PEI guy. I was talking to a guy from Ottawa, and there the beads are on and there are sanding guys. Not here, you apply your own and you sand your own and you supply your own material.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Estimating and bidding.....

No going rate my friend. $45-85 a sheet (94c.-$1.89 a square foot) materials,hang and finished...."ready to paint". Way too many variables to consider but that is an approximate. I think we all kinda agreed on this before. Your price is your price.......it ain't mine or his......know what I mean? It cost us all different amounts. Some of us are faster than others. Some of us use regular midweight, some of us only use 90 minute easy sand.Some of us use expensive materials, some of us use cheap materials. The cost I mentioned above seems to be where most of us on here said we were I think. Good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hello Paint,

My perspective is from tract work here in CA...

At $500k and up for a new tract home, buyers got pretty picky...
Texture blemishes and collateral damage before paint are so common that me & helper spent most of 3yrs doing texture repairs, both before & after paint.
I got pretty good at matching texture.
I would say, in production work, at production prices, painter's responsibility is no more than a quick pass with the pole, or a bit of spackle here and there.
Any more than that, it's time to talk w the superintendant and get more bucks. And that's what we did, and it became full time work when the builders saw we could do it efficiently.
r

·
Registered
23 Posts
one thing for sure top pay = 2 to 3 times the amount of work . so is it really any better ? myself i just stick with a level 4 /texture finish with a lite sand before texture .

·
Registered
895 Posts
We dont use anything under 150 grit when sanding and we take 500 watt halligens and shine them on the walls. We always do smooth ceilings so there no overspray to contend with. usualy the trimmers and everyone else nick up the walls so the painters have to do the final inspection anyways.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts