Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BamBamm recently posted about a lost phone.

Do you have ICE (In Case of Emergency) entered into all your phones?

Just last week I found a phone on the road. I called one of the numbers that was listed as "Mom" and got the phone back to the owner.

But most LEO's and EMT's are trained to look under "ICE" for a number. So should each of us.

There are a lot more honest people in this world than you might assume (depending upon how dishonestly you, yourself, view things :whistling ) and most are more than happy to give a quick call to let you know they found your phone.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,413 Posts
I have four of them saved.

Reactions: Willie T

·
Thomas J Marino, Inc
1,078 Posts
Now that I'm getting to realize that I'm not going to be around forever, I recently set up my phone that way.
It is what it is......:sad:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I found a phone a while back, the screen was cracked but the phone was still working. I held the "send" key and it tried calling a number. When the person answered I asked if they recognized the number, turned out to be their daughters phone. Got it right back to em.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,413 Posts
I can vouch for ICE numbers. I once came across an accident where a woman rolled her car into the median. After dialing 911, I stopped to assist. I asked her if she had a cell phone... she did, but it was thrown into the tall grass. I asked for her number, called it, located the phone, and was able to call her husband.

Reactions: ApgarNJ

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I have my wife's name with four spaces in front so it's always at the top. I also have I.C.E. with three spaces in front so it comes up next (in favorites). My listing for ICE is listed as BICE.

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have my wife's name with four spaces in front so it's always at the top. I also have I.C.E. with three spaces in front so it comes up next (in favorites). My listing for ICE is listed as BICE.
VERY clever! I'm going to make a similar modification right now. THANKS.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
works the other way too...
I put a z infront of my ex-wife, so she's at the bottom:laughing:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,413 Posts
I save mine as ICE followed by the name of the person who has that number, so hopefully the person will know who they're talking to when they call it.

Such as :
ICE 1 (Steve)
ICE 2 (Dave)
ICE 3 (Linda)
ICE 4 (Roy)

Reactions: concretemasonry

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
I think that it's common knowledge amongst EMT's and other first responders that most people with a cell phone would have their mother in the contact list. But I do think that the ICE list is a very good idea.

Losing the phone is tough because the most valuable thing in there is the information. I mean if I ever lost my phone, and it was a decent enough phone, I'd be willing to give it to the guy who returned it as a reward... after I saved and transferred over the info of course. ;)

·
Ciaos mitigator
1,943 Posts
an emt calling my mother wouldnt do much, she only had my cell phone number, and she lives 800 miles away. my paramedic friends told me the ICE thing is something they have heard of but no ones does it. they dont touch patients phones.

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
The info on my phone is too important for me to leave it open. You need a code to turn my phone on. They'd never get to ICE.

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
code? i can't stand putting a code in every time i want to use my phone. i guess it depends how often you leave it unattended or lose it.
Someone just broke into my truck and took my hidden iPod out of my glove box. I'm not taking any chances with my personal info!

·
Ciaos mitigator
1,943 Posts
there are apps for the iphone that will show ICE with the phone still locked. it shows your name and the name of the person you listed with a call button that will call them. pretty cool app for $.99 :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts