• Yes

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 53 71.6%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
I think its more spread. Plenty of people wanting estimates but no one wanting to pay for work done by someone who is licensed and insured.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,786 Posts
I'm keeping the bills paid with no problem, but I'm not socking anything away or expanding, much. Did order a new cabinetsaw this morning. Seems like about the time I just about finish the last job on the books, the phone rings again. Hope it rings next week again, cause I'll be caught back up then.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I'm paying the bills...but the ones that are coming due soon, seem to be picking upi speed and closing in faster then new money is coming in...:blink:

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Yes. It's mostly small stuff but alot of it. Also have one big job that will pick up again wants it stays above freezing.

Cole

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
only one small job since late Dec. Got a couple part way completed, waiting on a non-rainy day (client's garage is full, no dry place for the saws)
and another (professor at a uiversity) attempting to meet up during classes (couple of small filing cabinets on wheels)

I am thinking of pulling my add out of the local paper (270/mo) its the 15th now, and no calls since early Dec.

I've signed up with an online service, so we'll see what comes of that.

Laurie

www.lauriescustomfinishing.ca

·
Interior Renovations
253 Posts
Im getting by. This past year I have either been really busy or its been dead... It comes in waves. Right now its very slow, but i have 3 big jobs lined up for February/March.

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
Plenty of calls coming, trying to idenify which jobs we can profitable is the problem.

Too many bottom feeders " lowballing " us, but we are getting the call volume in a BAD ECONOMY, also it is winter in Florida.

There are tremendous positives to be said.

Keep trucking everyone :clap:

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Dead.
A few irons in the fire but that's it.

·
Super Moderator
10,678 Posts
I have enough work to keep 2 or 3 people pretty busy. Unfortuanately, we have 6 employees. Looking much better going into April though.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I am also working 7 days a week, and have turned down quite a few jobs and passed them on to other contractors I know. Seems lately there has been a surge.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts